ShopColumbia at Averill and Bernard Leviton Gallery
Sell Your Work!
ShopColumbia at Averill and Bernard Leviton Gallery serves the Columbia College Chicago community by fostering the representation and sale of professional work and talent from multiple creative fields. As an extension of the classroom, the Shop supports students by providing a professional environment to hone the process of presenting, marketing, and selling work to the public. Through community partnerships, ancillary programming and representation of alumni, faculty and staff, ShopColumbia bridges professional practice with the student learning experience.
Please REVIEW each category thoroughly to make sure you are submitting your work to the correct Shop opportunity. We are always accepting new submissions for general Shop consignment. Shop staff will contact you regarding the status of your submissions.
Final decisions for consignment will be made by ShopColumbia's review board. The Board is looking for originality, quality craftsmanship and cohesiveness. Students earn 75% of every sale. Alumni, faculty and staff earn 50%.
We will have have calls-for-work for pop-up opportunities throughout the year, so be sure to check back often!
Please direct any questions to email@example.com or 312.369.8616
Since ShopColumbia opened in the fall of 2008, Shop artists have earned over $300,000 from the sale of their work! ShopColumbia is continually seeking new and fresh designs by Columbia College Chicago artists including students, alumni, faculty and staff.
ShopColumbia staff will review faculty and staff submissions and curate your work into our general Shop, rotating Spotlight Exhibitions, or special events (Holiday Market, Manifest Showcase, etc.) We have a rolling submission process so you can submit your work at any time!
Since ShopColumbia opened in the fall of 2008, Shop artists have earned over $300,000 from the sale of their work! ShopColumbia is continually seeking new and fresh designs by Columbia College Chicago artists including students, alumni, faculty and staff. We have a rolling submission process so you can submit your work at any time!
ShopColumbia is accepting applications from Columbia College Chicago students to join the newly formed ShopColumbia Student Design Board to influence the next line of Columbia branded apparel: Buy Columbia by Columbia.
Ideal candidates should be:
- Able to commit to attending bi-weekly meetings during the spring semester
- Be informed on current style and design trends.
- Possess a sincere interest in assisting ShopColumbia staff in creating the next line of Columbia College apparel.
Chosen candidates will receive a semester stipend of $200 + $50 gift card to ShopColumbia.
Deadline: February 22, 2019
ShopColumbia is seeking works by current Columbia College Chicago undergraduate and graduate students for the Spotlight Exhibition: Works on Paper, an exhibition that highlights works created from, with and on paper.
- Submissions examples include but not limited to: photography, printmaking, original drawings, illustrations and paintings (on paper), artist books, zines, cards, stationery, posters, stickers, and paper sculpture.
- The primary media should be paper but additional materials can be used.
- Work should be unframed as the installation will be with magnets, bullclips and shelving for ease of purchase for customers.
- Multiples and editioned works are encouraged.
- All work must be available for purchase. Students earn 75% of every sale.
- Open to all current Columbia College Chicago students. Graduating students are encouraged to submit in addition to their Manifest showcase.
Exhibition Dates: May 10 – May 31, 2019
Submission Deadline: April 25, 2019
Artwork Drop-off Deadline: May 1, 2019
ShopColumbia announces a Call for Work for Columbia College Chicago current student, graduated alumni, faculty, and staff artists to contribute work in all media that focuses on enviromentally conscious themes for our Spotlight Exhibition: EcoWorks (April 4, 2019 - April 30, 2019).
- Subject matter of submissions should have an enviromentally conscious theme; either made out of upcycled/recycled materials or envoke conversation around the subject of the enviroment, waste, climate change, etc.
- All mediums welcome.
- Work must be ready to hang/display. Hanging hardware should be provided if necessary.
- All work must be available for purchase. Students earn 75% of every sale. Alumni, faculty, and staff earn 50%.
- New works (2018-2019) are preferred but not mandatory.
In addition to the visual art exhibition, ShopColumbia will be collecting unwanted clothing (warn-out/stained clothes that you are not able to resell or donate), old markers/crayons, and plasic bags throughout the month of April. An interactive front window display will showcase the collected items.
Submission Deadline: March 4, 2019
Artwork Drop-off Deadline: March 25, 2019