ShopColumbia at Averill and Bernard Leviton Gallery
Sell Your Work!
ShopColumbia at Averill and Bernard Leviton Gallery serves the Columbia College Chicago community by fostering the representation and sale of professional work and talent from multiple creative fields. As an extension of the classroom, the Shop supports students by providing a professional environment to hone the process of presenting, marketing, and selling work to the public. Through community partnerships, ancillary programming and representation of alumni, faculty and staff, ShopColumbia bridges professional practice with the student learning experience.
Please REVIEW each category thoroughly to make sure you are submitting your work to the correct Shop opportunity. We are always accepting new submissions for general Shop consignment. Shop staff will contact you regarding the status of your submissions.
Final decisions for consignment will be made by ShopColumbia's review board. The Board is looking for originality, quality craftsmanship and cohesiveness. Students earn 75% of every sale. Alumni, faculty and staff earn 50%.
For all calls and submissions, ShopColumbia restricts the sale of the following products as deemed by the Review Board:
- Food items or perishable products
- Products with text or images that infringe on any intellectual property rights including, but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, and rights of privacy/publicity
- Businesses with multi-tiered sales structures
- Items that are unsafe or contain hazardous materials
- Products with content that is libelous or defamatory; contain or promote hate speech; can reasonably be viewed as harassing, threatening, or otherwise harmful; and can reasonably be viewed as discriminatory based upon race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability
- Products that violates any federal, state, county or municipal law, ordinance or regulation, violates any college policy, regulation or rule as outlined in the Student Handbook and Columbia's Student Code of Conduct
- Per Academic Affairs and the Office of the Provost: Columbia College Chicago Faculty are unable to sell self-published materials
We will have have calls-for-work for pop-up opportunities throughout the year, so be sure to check back often!
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.369.8616
Since ShopColumbia opened in the fall of 2008, Shop artists have earned over $300,000 from the sale of their work! ShopColumbia is continually seeking new and fresh designs by Columbia College Chicago artists including students, alumni, faculty and staff. We have a rolling submission process so you can submit your work at any time!
New to the fall 2020 semester, ShopColumbia is inviting Columbia College Chicago student organizations to partner with the store for their fundraising efforts. ShopColumbia will facilitate all sales in store and on our webstore.
Prior to submitting, please read the ShopColumbia SOC Fundraising Guide.
Since ShopColumbia opened in the fall of 2008, Shop artists have earned over $300,000 from the sale of their work! ShopColumbia is continually seeking new and fresh designs by Columbia College Chicago artists including students, alumni, faculty and staff.
ShopColumbia staff will review faculty and staff submissions and curate your work into our general Shop, rotating Spotlight Exhibitions, or special events (Holiday Market, Manifest Showcase, etc.) We have a rolling submission process so you can submit your work at any time!
ShopColumbia announces a Call for Work for Columbia College Chicago current student, graduated alumni, faculty, and staff artists to contribute work for our Digital Spotlight Exhibition: March of Miniatures (March 1 - 31, 2021).
This year, March of Miniatures will only be receiving digital file submissions as the exhibition will be featured online and on our web store.
- Artist will be responsible for submitting a high resolution digital file (1080px by 1080px).
- Design must be in a square format.
- All submitted designs must be available for purchase. Students earn 75% of every sale. Alumni, faculty, and staff earn 50%.
- ShopColumbia will be responsible for printing inventory of each approved submission. ShopColumbia will print (10) 8"x8" card stock digital prints and (10) 4"x4" vinyl stickers of each approved design.
- Digital prints will be sold for $10 each and vinyl stickers will be sold for $3 each.
- New works (2020-2021) are preferred but not mandatory.
Submission Deadline: February 21, 2021
Artists Notified: February 24, 2021