ShopColumbia at Averill and Bernard Leviton Gallery
Sell Your Work!
ShopColumbia at Averill and Bernard Leviton Gallery serves the Columbia College Chicago community by fostering the representation and sale of professional work and talent from multiple creative fields. As an extension of the classroom, the Shop supports students by providing a professional environment to hone the process of presenting, marketing, and selling work to the public. Through community partnerships, ancillary programming and representation of alumni, faculty and staff, ShopColumbia bridges professional practice with the student learning experience.
Please REVIEW each category thoroughly to make sure you are submitting your work to the correct Shop opportunity. We are always accepting new submissions for general Shop consignment. Shop staff will contact you regarding the status of your submissions.
Final decisions for consignment will be made by ShopColumbia's review board. The Board is looking for originality, quality craftsmanship and cohesiveness. Students earn 75% of every sale. Alumni, faculty and staff earn 50%.
We will have have calls-for-work for pop-up opportunities throughout the year, so be sure to check back often!
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or 312.369.8616
Since ShopColumbia opened in the fall of 2008, Shop artists have earned over $300,000 from the sale of their work! ShopColumbia is continually seeking new and fresh designs by Columbia College Chicago artists including students, alumni, faculty and staff. We have a rolling submission process so you can submit your work at any time!
Since ShopColumbia opened in the fall of 2008, Shop artists have earned over $300,000 from the sale of their work! ShopColumbia is continually seeking new and fresh designs by Columbia College Chicago artists including students, alumni, faculty and staff.
ShopColumbia staff will review faculty and staff submissions and curate your work into our general Shop, rotating Spotlight Exhibitions, or special events (Holiday Market, Manifest Showcase, etc.) We have a rolling submission process so you can submit your work at any time!
ShopColumbia announces a Call for Work for Columbia College Chicago current student, graduated alumni, faculty, and staff artists to contribute work in all media that is miniature in size for our Spotlight Exhibition: March of Miniatures (March 2 - 31, 2020).
- Submissions should be 8” x 8” x 8" or smaller (inclusive of frame size). Any works with framing larger than 8” x 8” x 8" will not be exhibited.
- All mediums welcome.
- Work must be ready to hang/display. Hanging hardware should be provided if necessary.
- All work must be available for purchase. Students earn 75% of every sale. Alumni, faculty, and staff earn 50%.
- New works (2019-2020) are preferred but not mandatory.
Submission Deadline: February 11, 2020
Artwork Drop-off Deadline: February 25, 2020
ShopColumbia is seeking works by current Columbia College Chicago undergraduate and graduate students for the Spotlight Exhibition: Works on Paper, an exhibition that highlights works created from, with and on paper.
- Submissions examples include but not limited to: photography, printmaking, original drawings, illustrations and paintings (on paper), artist books, zines, cards, stationery, posters, stickers, and paper sculpture.
- The primary media should be paper but additional materials can be used.
- Work should be unframed as the installation will be with magnets, bull-clips and shelving for ease of purchase for customers.
- Multiples and editioned works are encouraged.
- All work must be available for purchase. Students earn 75% of every sale.
- Open to all current Columbia College Chicago students. Graduating students are encouraged to submit in addition to their Manifest showcase.
Exhibition Dates: May 4 – May 29, 2020
Submission Deadline: April 17, 2020
Artwork Drop-off Deadline: April 28, 2020
DEADLINE EXTENDED: MIDNIGHT Friday, January 10, 2020
Do you have a winning design that you want to be featured on a t-shirt, hoodie, umbrella, tote, pencil pouch, sketchbook..or other Columbia merchandise? Do you have an idea that captures "Columbia College"? Maybe you have a unique slogan or phrase that resonates with Columbia students?
ShopColumbia's Student Design Board is accepting submissions from Columbia College Chicago students to be featured on next line of ShopColumbia merchandise: Buy Columbia By Columbia.
- Submitted design can include a redesigned or revamped Columbia logo or incorporate Columbia's wordmark*
- Designs must be 4 our less colors
- Artists can submit unlimited designs
- Artists must be a current student at Columbia College Chicago
- Design can stand alone or be repeated.
- Slogans or phrases that capture the Columbia spirit also welcomed.
Submissions will be reviewed by the ShopColumbia Student Design Board. Winning submissions will be produced on Columbia apparel available spring 2020. Winning designers will receive a licensing fee for their designs.
*If you are incorporating Columbia's logo within your design, you can download the logo here.