ShopColumbia at Averill and Bernard Leviton Gallery
Sell Your Work!
ShopColumbia at Averill and Bernard Leviton Gallery serves the Columbia College Chicago community by fostering the representation and sale of professional work and talent from multiple creative fields. As an extension of the classroom, the Shop supports students by providing a professional environment to hone the process of presenting, marketing, and selling work to the public. Through community partnerships, ancillary programming and representation of alumni, faculty and staff, ShopColumbia bridges professional practice with the student learning experience.
Please REVIEW each category thoroughly to make sure you are submitting your work to the correct Shop opportunity. We are always accepting new submissions for general Shop consignment. Shop staff will contact you regarding the status of your submissions.
Final decisions for consignment will be made by ShopColumbia's review board. The Board is looking for originality, quality craftsmanship and cohesiveness. Students earn 75% of every sale. Alumni, faculty and staff earn 50%.
For all calls and submissions, ShopColumbia restricts the sale of the following products as deemed by the Review Board:
- Food items or perishable products
- Products with text or images that infringe on any intellectual property rights including, but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, and rights of privacy/publicity
- Businesses with multi-tiered sales structures
- Items that are unsafe or contain hazardous materials
- Products with content that is libelous or defamatory; contain or promote hate speech; can reasonably be viewed as harassing, threatening, or otherwise harmful; and can reasonably be viewed as discriminatory based upon race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability
- Products that violates any federal, state, county or municipal law, ordinance or regulation, violates any college policy, regulation or rule as outlined in the Student Handbook and Columbia's Student Code of Conduct
- Per Academic Affairs and the Office of the Provost: Columbia College Chicago Faculty are unable to sell self-published materials
- Due to the regulations that govern student employment for international students on a student visa, we are unable to accept items for sale from F-1 and J-1 students unless they are on approved pre or post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further clarification on the regulations that govern international student employment.
We will have have calls-for-work for pop-up opportunities throughout the year, so be sure to check back often!
Please direct any questions to email@example.com or (312) 369-8616
Since ShopColumbia opened in the fall of 2008, Shop artists have earned over $300,000 from the sale of their work! ShopColumbia is continually seeking new and fresh designs by Columbia College Chicago artists including students, alumni, faculty and staff. We have a rolling submission process so you can submit your work at any time!
Since ShopColumbia opened in the fall of 2008, Shop artists have earned over $300,000 from the sale of their work! ShopColumbia is continually seeking new and fresh designs by Columbia College Chicago artists including students, alumni, faculty and staff.
ShopColumbia staff will review faculty and staff submissions and curate your work into our general Shop, rotating Spotlight Exhibitions, or special events (Holiday Market, Manifest Showcase, etc.) We have a rolling submission process so you can submit your work at any time!
New to the fall 2020 semester, ShopColumbia is inviting Columbia College Chicago student organizations to partner with the store for their fundraising efforts. ShopColumbia will facilitate all sales in store and on our webstore.
Prior to submitting, please read the ShopColumbia SOC Fundraising Guide.
ShopColumbia is inviting Columbia College Chicago Academic Departments, Student Affairs, and Campus Events to partner with the store for their fundraising efforts. ShopColumbia will facilitate all sales in store and on our webstore.
Prior to submitting, please read the ShopColumbia Partnership Proposal Guide.
Sell with ShopColumbia this holiday!
ShopColumbia is accepting submissions of the best Columbia created designs and products for the winter holidays for ShopColumbia's 13th Annual Holiday Market, December 1 - 23, 2021.
ShopColumbia is seeking the following but not limited to: framed and unframed photography, prints, and paintings; mixed media sculpture, housewares, ceramics, fashion apparel and accessories for men, women and children; jewelry, enamel pins, patches, postcards, greeting cards, notebooks, blank books, artist books, zines, comics, novels, cds, and holiday merchandise.
Eligibility: All currently enrolled Columbia College students, alumni, staff or faculty will be considered for both events. Students earn 75% of sales and alumni, staff and faculty earn 50%.
Priority Submission Deadline*: November 1, 2021
Priority notification of acceptance: November 8, 2021
Deadline for inventory: November 15, 2021
Late Submission Deadline: November 14, 2021
Late notification of acceptance: November 19, 2021
Deadline for inventory: November 29, 2021
*Artists applying before November 1, 2021 will receive priority for physical space at the Market, online store, marketing and opportunities for special events.
- Artists should have adequate inventory for the duration of a month-long market. Artist are able to and encouraged to replenish stock throughout the market.
- Artists are encouraged to brand products or include business cards with products.
ShopColumbia announces a Call for Work for Columbia College Chicago current student, graduated alumni, faculty, and staff artists to contribute work in all media that is miniature in size for our Spotlight Exhibition: March of Miniatures (March 1 - April 2, 2022).
- Submissions should be 8” x 8” x 8" or smaller (inclusive of frame size). Any works with framing larger than 8” x 8” x 8" will not be exhibited.
- All mediums welcome.
- Work must be ready to hang/display. Hanging hardware should be provided if necessary.
- All work must be available for purchase. Students earn 75% of every sale. Alumni, faculty, and staff earn 50%.
- New works (2021 or later) are preferred but not mandatory.
Submission Deadline: February 9, 2022
Artwork Drop-off Deadline: February 22, 2022