ShopColumbia at Averill and Bernard Leviton Gallery
Sell Your Work!
ShopColumbia at Averill and Bernard Leviton Gallery serves the Columbia College Chicago community by fostering the representation and sale of professional work and talent from multiple creative fields. As an extension of the classroom, the Shop supports students by providing a professional environment to hone the process of presenting, marketing, and selling work to the public. Through community partnerships, ancillary programming and representation of alumni, faculty and staff, ShopColumbia bridges professional practice with the student learning experience.
Please REVIEW each category thoroughly to make sure you are submitting your work to the correct Shop opportunity. We are always accepting new submissions for general Shop consignment. Shop staff will contact you regarding the status of your submissions.
Final decisions for consignment will be made by ShopColumbia's review board. The Board is looking for originality, quality craftsmanship and cohesiveness. Students earn 75% of every sale. Alumni, faculty and staff earn 50%.
For all calls and submissions, ShopColumbia restricts the sale of the following products as deemed by the Review Board:
- Food items or perishable products
- Products with text or images that infringe on any intellectual property rights including, but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, and rights of privacy/publicity
- Businesses with multi-tiered sales structures
- Items that are unsafe or contain hazardous materials
- Products with content that is libelous or defamatory; contain or promote hate speech; can reasonably be viewed as harassing, threatening, or otherwise harmful; and can reasonably be viewed as discriminatory based upon race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability
- Products that violates any federal, state, county or municipal law, ordinance or regulation, violates any college policy, regulation or rule as outlined in the Student Handbook and Columbia's Student Code of Conduct
- Per Academic Affairs and the Office of the Provost: Columbia College Chicago Faculty are unable to sell self-published materials
We will have have calls-for-work for pop-up opportunities throughout the year, so be sure to check back often!
Please direct any questions to email@example.com or 312.369.8616
Since ShopColumbia opened in the fall of 2008, Shop artists have earned over $300,000 from the sale of their work! ShopColumbia is continually seeking new and fresh designs by Columbia College Chicago artists including students, alumni, faculty and staff. We have a rolling submission process so you can submit your work at any time!
Since ShopColumbia opened in the fall of 2008, Shop artists have earned over $300,000 from the sale of their work! ShopColumbia is continually seeking new and fresh designs by Columbia College Chicago artists including students, alumni, faculty and staff.
ShopColumbia staff will review faculty and staff submissions and curate your work into our general Shop, rotating Spotlight Exhibitions, or special events (Holiday Market, Manifest Showcase, etc.) We have a rolling submission process so you can submit your work at any time!
ShopColumbia is seeking works by current Columbia College Chicago undergraduate and graduate students for the Spotlight Exhibition: Works on Paper, an exhibition that highlights works created from, with and on paper.
- Submissions examples include but not limited to: photography, printmaking, original drawings, illustrations and paintings (on paper), artist books, zines, cards, stationery, posters, stickers, and paper sculpture.
- The primary media should be paper but additional materials can be used.
- Work should be unframed as the installation will be with magnets, bull-clips and shelving for ease of purchase for customers.
- Multiples and editioned works are encouraged.
- All work must be available for purchase. Students earn 75% of every sale.
- Open to all current Columbia College Chicago students. Graduating students are encouraged to submit in addition to their Manifest showcase.
Exhibition Dates: May 4 – May 29, 2020
Submission Deadline: April 17, 2020
Artwork Drop-off Deadline: April 28, 2020